Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the "almost perfect" Commander. Only thing is it has the standard radio with the Boston Acoustics upgrade. Wife want the back up camera. If I ditch the factory radio for an aftermarket DVD/Camera, will I loose the factory Bluetooth or any other functionality. Thsi particular Jeep has no rear seat DVD. Any Ideas????? Thanks, -SF

·
Registered
521 Posts
You run into a few problems when switching to an aftermarket when You have an already "upgraded system". Luckily they make a harness that will bypass the factory amp without the need of a complete rewire. Stop by a local Circuit City or Best Buy and purchase a Metra XSVI6502. Do not by the CHTO-01, it is not a good working unit.

You will lose factory blue tooth and steering wheel controls depending on the unit. I added a Blue tooth double din ready eclipse unit yet never had factory steering controls. Many units out there allow you to use factory controls, yet I do not know if its possible with our vehicles.

Do you currently have a stock back up camera? If not I reccomend getting the audiovox license plate camera (the camera is build in the plate)

Check out one of my Old posts for more info

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2691

1 - 2 of 2 Posts