Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, this is kind of a big request, so bear with me. I am interested in doing the 30,000 mile service myself. While I consider myself to have an above-average understanding of cars, I want to make sure I do everything right.
I know there are guys on this forum that have the factory service manual, and have offered to scan parts of it and post them. So. . . . can someone please scan the sections that are applicable to the 30,000 mile service? This would be a HUGE help to me. Thanks so much in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Just look in your owner's manual, that will tell you what needs to be done. Mostly fluid changes: oil & filter; air filter; front & rear diffs; transfer case; spark plugs; transmission service.

I did everything but the transmission service myself; total cost was about $300 vs. ~$700 at the dealer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know what needs to be done. I'm wondering if someone can help me with what the service manual says on how to do those things. Obviously, stuff like oil change, air filter, etc. are simple enough, but for the stuff like transmission, differentials, etc. I'd rather have the service manual info for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts