Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend and I are looking to buy a commander. We are friends with a couple that owns one and they both love it. We have rode in it several times. I'm not sure what year or trim theirs is. We test drove a 2007 with the 4.7 today. For some reason, the commander we test drove just felt smaller. The back seat didn't seem to have as much leg or head room and the vehicle itself seemed lower. Especially when we opened the back hatch. I'm not a tall person, and my head was taller than the hatch while it was open. This didn't seem to be the case with our friends commander, as we've tailgated with it several times, and the hatch seemed higher. Our friends commander is stock with no lift. My girlfriend agreed that the commander we test drove felt smaller than our friends. Also, the commander we test drove didn't have the front sunroof or the back skylights, which was a deal breaker. Are there different sizes available in the commander? Or is all this my imagination?

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
All stock Commanders are the same size. It is possible that your friend's and /or the one you test drove have had modifications to raise or lower them.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Commanders are all same in size. Differences in engine and features only. I would recommend you 2008 and above .. there interior dash design is different and looks more up to date.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts