Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stock rims and tires on my 08 Jeep commander. I recently purchased a set of Jeep Wrangler rims and tires 255/70r18.i have a 2” front leveling kit and 2” spacers being put on the Jeep.just curios if I will have to level the entire Jeep in order for the new rims and tires to fit

·
Administrator
15,210 Posts
@Kengrier, are you putting a 2" lift kit on in addition to the 2" leveling kit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have stock rims and tires on my 08 Jeep commander. I recently purchased a set of Jeep Wrangler rims and tires 255/70r18.i have a 2” front leveling kit and 2” spacers being put on the Jeep.just curios if I will have to level the entire Jeep in order for the new rims and tires to fit
@Kengrier, are you putting a 2" lift kit on in addition to the 2" leveling kit?

That is basically what I’m trying to find out if I need to do

·
Administrator
15,210 Posts
That is basically what I’m trying to find out if I need to do
You can't do that without causing problems with your cv axles, upper control arms, and drive shaft because that would be the same as a 4" lift. Max you can go is about 2 1/2 " without problems unless you put a Superlift kit on. The Superlift uses a diff drop and other methods to compensate for that much lift without causing problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can't do that without causing problems with your cv axles, upper control arms, and drive shaft because that would be the same as a 4" lift. Max you can go is about 2 1/2 " without problems unless you put a Superlift kit on. The Superlift uses a diff drop and other methods to compensate for that much lift without causing problems.

Ok thanks for the helpful info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts