Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team Commander,

I come to you all with a question......Do I Sell my Hemi Limited? Gas is killing so we are driving our Sentra to work everyday and have 18K on it in 6 months. Do I trade it for a Magnum v6 and less payments per months, or hold on to it because it is freakin awesome. DAMMIT!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Unless it is a daily driver that you never take off road and the gas is killing you financially, I would hold on to it. There are better ways to save money and you would certainly take a loss on selling a XK in todays climate.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I'd say you probably WOULD take a loss and then when prices come back down, you'd be kicking yourself.

·
Registered
161 Posts
PolarBZ said:
I'd say you probably WOULD take a loss and then when prices come back down, you'd be kicking yourself.
I agree !! keep it!

·
Registered
225 Posts
With all the mods you've done to your commander, your enjoying it too much to get rid of it. But if it was just a daily highway driver for you, i'd consider trading it. But to me, that doesn't look like that applies.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Keep It!!

Dude I was in the same boat. My wife had a LandRover Discovery which she used as a daily driver and gas was ridiculous especially when Premium gas was required.

Anyways long story short - I got rid of the LandRover and got a 08 Jetta for her and sold my Jeep JK Unlimited and bought my Commander.

Even though my Commander gets about 13K per gallon, we only use it on weekends and family outing. My commute to the train station is about 2 miles from my home so I use the Commander. The Commander seems to be so much safer and solid for my family especially when I have two little ones in the truck.

I'm planning on keeping my Commander until my kids go to college (15 years to go) :)

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Keep it, that's what I'm doing since it only sees use on the weekends, my BMW gets use as a DD for commuting.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Now is probably the worse time to sell. Dealers are starting to refuse SUVs as trade-ins and the average Joe on the street will most likely give you a lowball offer to take your "gas guzzler" off your hands. If I were you, I'd keep it.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
TR4Runner said:
the average Joe on the street will most likely give you a lowball offer to take your "gas guzzler" off your hands.
And then he'll come here and tell us what a fantastic deal he got on his awesome Jeep Commander! And we'll say, "Great job! Nice to have you here!"
:)

·
Registered
488 Posts
pgoty said:
Even though my Commander gets about 13K per gallon, we only use it on weekends and family outing.
Good Luck

wow wish I could get 13K per gallon:D

I am lucky to get 30mpg and its $12 a gallon over here for diesel:eek:

$140 a barrel is that 45 gallons?

maybe I am gonna try running neat crude in it.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
PolarBZ said:
And then he'll come here and tell us what a fantastic deal he got on his awesome Jeep Commander! And we'll say, "Great job! Nice to have you here!"
:)

LOL... that's funny and probably completely true.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
My opinion is that you should hold on to it for a while longer and see what happens with gas prices. I think gas will be coming down, although no telling how much. And the others are right about not getting a good price for the Commander (or any SUV) right now.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
drysuitdiver said:
wow wish I could get 13K per gallon:D
I ALMOST said some smart-ass remark like that too! Except then I thought, "Maybe he means 13 kilometers/gallon, which sucks." So, I held my tongue. =)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Curley,

Squat and hold, brother!!! If you want to cut down on spending money on gas...buy yourself a moped and make that your DD. :D

Slainte'
O'C

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
get yourself a beater!! i'm not kidding. pick one up for $1000 or less, get liability insurance on it. drive it till it dies. the more ugly it looks the more you know you are saving money on gas and insurance. thats what i do with my beater.

let you XK live in the garage and take it out for playing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I say keep it! I agree with buying a beater or a motorcycle. I use my bike for errands and such. When I need to transport my parents or my Grandmother then the Big Black Beast rolls! Ughhh, that would be the XK of course!!:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
I drive a scooter (aprilia sr50, had to buy the best) all summer the Commander just tows my camper. In the winter the wife drives the commander and I drive her car. Even on the scooter I spend about $10.00 a week (at $5.00 a gallon) to drive about 150 miles. 75 mpg after pipe and tuning.

·
Registered
208 Posts
4.7commander said:
get yourself a beater!! i'm not kidding. pick one up for $1000 or less, get liability insurance on it. drive it till it dies. the more ugly it looks the more you know you are saving money on gas and insurance. thats what i do with my beater.

let you XK live in the garage and take it out for playing.
4.7 is wise beyond his years. I agree - get yourself a beater, unless that's what your Sentra qualifies as, and keep the Jeep for playing.

I'm planning on keeping my Commander until pgoty's kids go to college (15 years to go) :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts