Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any lift kit provide factory style struts that are built to be 2-3 inch above stock ones? Eliminating the strut mount spacers and adding more travel

·
Administrator
15,520 Posts
Does any lift kit provide factory style struts that are built to be 2-3 inch above stock ones? Eliminating the strut mount spacers and adding more travel
@bryankodiak I'm not exactly sure what you mean. If you mean can you buy longer struts for the Commander, then the answer is yes. But you can not lift with the struts, you will need coils, too. OME makes a lift kit with the struts and coils. JBA used to make a coil-over kit but no longer makes it and it was $2,000 +.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I highly recommend the OME kit. Haven't had any trouble with mine, but if you order yours by parts, make sure to get KYB strut mounts. I originally bought MOOGs, and one of them failed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes this is it. I could not ever find this by searching for some reason. Only the 4600 comes up. However thia may be for a reason, perhapa the b8 you linked is not compatible.

More what I was looking for would be what they had for the ZJs , you could get longer shocks to go with your springs and rest of lift kit.

Maybe i do not need this, if i want to lift the XK. But in my mind it sound better to add the lift to the shocks giving more travel, than just installing strut mount adapters or strut forks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes this is it. I could not ever find this by searching for some reason. Only the 4600 comes up. However thia may be for a reason, perhapa the b8 you linked is not compatible.

More what I was looking for would be what they had for the ZJs , you could get longer shocks to go with your springs and rest of lift kit.

Maybe i do not need this, if i want to lift the XK. But in my mind it sound better to add the lift to the shocks giving more travel, than just installing strut mount adapters or strut forks
As far as I know, most aftermarket suspension kits like OME and Bilstein are longer the the stock struts.

For example, the OME kit provides about 2.5" of lift on the front, 3" if you include a leveling spacer, and about 1" of lift on the rear (3" if you include 2" poly spacers).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts