Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of silly question, but does any body have an idea where to keep a pair of binoculars. The center console is to small, they are pretty big. I was thinking of hanging behind front seat from head rest.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I usually put mine way in the back in the little netted storage. Not sure if you're looking to put it that far back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I keep mine in the square indention on the dash. I sit it on a small towel so it wont slide around. They are easy to grab in a hurry.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
OK, Why are you guys traveling with Binos, I travel with them when I'm hunting and there with my gear which is stowed in a duffle bag. What are you guys doing, for real?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
OK, Why are you guys traveling with Binos, I travel with them when I'm hunting and there with my gear which is stowed in a duffle bag. What are you guys doing, for real?
No specific reason. I just choose to store it in the XK so if I need it it's already there.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I honestly dont remember when I thought.......man I whish I had my Binos. If I was not hunting or going to a sporting avent. Just seems strange.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I honestly dont remember when I thought.......man I whish I had my Binos. If I was not hunting or going to a sporting avent. Just seems strange.
That's cause in Texas you have no trees!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: There are a few spots that we tend to take on a moment's notice in the woods and along rivers. We'll use it to look at birds, deer, turkey, etc...

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
You got me, I honestly dont know what to say. The fact that you drive and see something that requires you to stop and locate your Binos amazes me.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I work on a large hunting preserve and have been driving my personal vehicle lately. The other day I saw what looked like a coyote being chased by several dogs...Then I saw a couple deer in the same area. If I had some binos I could have seen the action a little better. Nothing to weird!

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
You got me, I honestly dont know what to say. The fact that you drive and see something that requires you to stop and locate your Binos amazes me.
Didn't you read my last post. It's not like I'm driving down a major highway and then have to stop and pull them out. Pay attention Pay attention!!! :cowfrown::rofl:

·
Registered
688 Posts
I've got a small pair of 8x25's that fit perfectly in the netting on the lid of the console. My astronomy binocs (20x80s) I have to carry in the back with their tripod and mount. The big ones I only take when I'm going stargazing. The little ones are always in the truck. I often grab them when I'm off on a day hike - it's just handy to have them in the Commander.

·
Registered
58 Posts
:rofl: ..................

1 - 14 of 14 Posts