Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking off my pfe cai and putting the stock back in. I have everything done except that there is one bolt that fastens the intake to the engine block (I think). It is just to the left of the throttle body. Does anyone know the dimensions of that bolt? I lost it when I swapped it out originally.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry. Duh. Its the hemi 5.7 on a 2010 which I am guessing hasn't changed much over the years.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome. I am going to measure and grab a couple sizes. I was looking for other bolts that looked similar so I could test but didn't see any readily available. Thanks for taking the time.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I have everything done except that there is one bolt that fastens the intake to the engine block (I think). It is just to the left of the throttle body. Does anyone know the dimensions of that bolt? I lost it when I swapped it out originally.
Is this an intake manifold bolt? OR a bolt for a bracket to the CAI, to secure the CAI to the engine block?

Also,
Did you take the bolt off and lost it? -OR- The bolt did NOT come with the CAI kit?

If its the latter, did you check to make sure you're NOT suppose to re-use an existing bolt? Just remove a bolt already on the engine and run it through the bracket?

Your local hardware store often has a large collection of fasteners to choose from. If you do NOT know the required hardness for the bolt, then use Grade 8 for SAE or Grade 10.8 for Metric, at least. That is the standard for automotive, the last thing you want is a broken bolt on your engine.

If its an intake manifold bolt, pull one of the ones still there and take it too your hardware store, make sure to decode the markings so as to get the proper hardness. Modern engines often have some special fasteners that you are unlikely to find in the bin at the Hardware Store, and the plastic intake manifold bolts are perfect example of this, you may have to go to the dealer for the bolt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts