Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANYONE have one? i need it to get a real good deal on the jeep commander. Employees can give one a way to any random person. Please someone help me out

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think DC employees get 2 a year, though I've heard only one is given out at the 'EC' level. That means Employee Choice, btw. It gets you an automatic 4-5% below invoice on the vehicle. Beware, there's another level of employee discount that only gets you 1% below invoice, which is much easier to get. Be sure to get the _EC_ number if you possibly can. I got mine from a retired friend late last October. They can actually give it to you online with their company ID, etc.

Commo
Dearborn, MI

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have an EC # and the JC I ordered should be done early next month. Does it automatically come off when they put in the number because they guy I ordered from quoted me the ep# (1%) price and said when he puts in the number at purchase we"ll find out if its more. Because I was told it should 4% under invoice. Should I be worried or do I find out at time of purchase?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was dealing with existing vehicles but when they'd pull the 'invoice' there would be the ep price (1% below invoice) and EC price (4-5% below invoice) printed at the bottom of the printout for that specific vehicle. They don't just take the vehicle and subtract arbitrarily. It's computed on the vehicle, its options and on the advertising add-ins, btw, at least in the Detroit area.

So if there's an invoice printable for your Commander you should be able to get that price very easily. It's not new math -- they should be able to tell you what the EC number (price) is. Two different dealers pulled invoices and showed me those numbers when I was shopping. They do indeed average out to around 4-5% off.

And REMEMBER: You still qualify for any and all incentives offered on the vehicle. In October, that meant I got another $1500 off the price of the Commander below the Employee Choice price, which I thought was pretty good. I'm not sure where incentives are at this time.

Commo
Dearborn, MI

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm in west Dearborn, too. I got my Commander in late October at Southfield Jeep on Telegraph just south of 12 Mile Road. I'd recommend the dealership and the saleswoman I used, if you need a reference.

I've been seeing 3 Commanders around home; is one of them yours?

Commo
Dearborn, MI

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweet, The dealer traded for mine and should be in this comming tuesday, IM SO excited i get my lisence monday so as first car ive very lucky, Ill have you know though im paying for all of the car related bills. I live just off of cherry hill and telegraph. I purchased the vehicle from the Taylor jeep on Telegraph. I think there in link with the one you purchased yours from. We should do some offroading somtime

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm in the same general area -- look for me in light khaki Commander, and good luck with that new one. You should be proud of your self-sufficiency.

You're right about the 2 dealers having some kind of relationship. I went to both and just had a better experience up at Southfield Jeep, plus, of course, they had the Commander I wanted on the lot.

I do a lot of fishing/hunting up north but am not a serious off-roader as far as the boulder climbing stuff goes. I'd try it in YOUR Commander, of course! hahahah.

Commo
Dearborn, MI

·
Registered
161 Posts
Commo said:
You're right about the 2 dealers having some kind of relationship.
Southfield recently purchased what now was Taylor Chrysler Jeep from Autonation, Now, they are sister stores...Southfield and now Telegraph Chrysler Jeep.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.