Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I see there are a lot of people that are all about jacking their rigs up to the sky, stipping down everything cosmetic and making these Commanders some sick ass off roading monsters... That's pretty cool, i'm not gonna lie, but it just ain't me!

There's a lot of us, maybe a silent majority, that has no desire to do such a thing. As much as I'd love to lift it, my jeep is for my family, and that's why I bought it. I got it to be able to jam all my wifes luggage, a pack and play, a stroller, and all other necessary baby crap. other than a bored day off of work, or when I go to the beach, this thing isn't going anywhere near the wilderness, SO that leads me to the methods I'll be modifying it! I just want it to look F'ing cool! I've posted on a couple other threads about the look that i'm going for, so no need to regurgitate!

So anyways... I was sitting on the john, thinking about life, work, my jeep and **POOF** it popped in my head that Chrysler wheels, for the most part, are compatible with each other, depending on generations, and years, but not brands. I've seen posts with folks looking for Jeep SRT-8 wheels to put on their Commander, and after looking it up it sure is bad ass looking, but what about Charger/Challenger wheels, either stock or SRT-8? I think those would look WAY better than the Jeep SRT-8 wheels, since they have more dimension, yet are still somewhat boxy and edgey like the Commander itself... plus the center caps will just pop right in.

In my opinion, the wheels that come out of the factory ALWAYS look better! they're designed by the company for the company. But, even though I'm talking about Dodge Vs. Jeep, there are similar characteristics about the lines, which bleed off into wheel design. Let me know if you've seen this. i've looked around the WWW. for some pics and haven't seen ANY! I'm VERY curious, and I just might look into this swap in the future. Sh!t, I might just have a 1 of a kind! And folks, that's what it's all about... Looking different from the guy next to you at the stop light, and him saying "F**K, that's a nice looking ride!"

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL!!! see what I could have found out if I just did 2 minutes of research, instead of jumping to an asssumption! They would look Wicked, if they would fit... eh, for the right price anything will fit

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the adapters would be an alternative. No kidding, i'm going to look into this. I love those wheels, and just have a hankerin that they'd look awesome on the Commander.

Also, the new Grand Cherokee wheels fit... but i'm not so positive they would look all that great. Probably a little too curvey for my liking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts