Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a silver jeep commander and it has the black trim down the side. Does anybody know if there is a way to get it in silver ? Crazy question...maybe so but oh well

·
Registered
29 Posts
Try the dealer! The definately make them and they should carry all the OEM replacement parts. Just check the specs for fitment. Anybody else know if its a sure fit?

·
Registered
541 Posts
If you are talking about the trim at the very bottom, you will have to get it painted yourself at a body shop. If you are talking about the door moldings, you will have a better experience buying from justforjeeps.com, try this link http://justforjeeps.com/xkcopa.html, click on chrome side moldigns... Those are very easy to install. I have had so many bad experiences buying parts from my dealership at Ramsey Jeep in NJ, that'll do I whatever it takes to stay away from them. I have purchased several items from Justforjeeps.com and their service has been superb. They ship the next day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome. I was really hoping this was something that could be bought. Im picking my commander up tonight. Exactly how easy are these things to install?

·
Registered
541 Posts
In a scale of 1-10, 1 being the easiest and 10 the most difficult, I would give it a "1". They are held in place by clips and a very small piece of adhesive tape. Just pull the old ones out, no mercy, it will make a pop sound as the clips separate from the body. Enjoy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts