Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...a link to a video or instructions on how to change the plugs on the 4.7 that has 16 freaking spark plugs? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
...a link to a video or instructions on how to change the plugs on the 4.7 that has 16 freaking spark plugs? Thanks in advance.
This is for a 2008 Grand Cherokee with the 4.7L V-8 - it should be essentially the same;

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Has anyone on here done this job? Obviously a lot more too it that say, the 4.0 inline 6 in my Wrangler that took 45 minutes. Our local mechanic (who is terrific btw) quoted me $300 for the labor for this job, and we are sorta buddies.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Thank you! Has anyone on here done this job? Obviously a lot more too it that say, the 4.0 inline 6 in my Wrangler that took 45 minutes. Our local mechanic (who is terrific btw) quoted me $300 for the labor for this job, and we are sorta buddies.
That's a very good price - I paid almost double that at the dealership. The guy who did the work for me, I had been going to for years and I trust him, he's a very experienced Wrangler tech - he said it was a real b_tch of a job and he was doing the work at a Jeep Dealership, on a lift (for the lower bank plugs), with all the proper tools.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had no clue the 4.7l V8 had 16 plugs. I always thought the 3.7l V6 was very similar to the 4.7l V8, just with two less cylinders. But I guess it also has 10 less plugs!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had no clue the 4.7l V8 had 16 plugs. I always thought the 3.7l V6 was very similar to the 4.7l V8, just with two less cylinders. But I guess it also has 10 less plugs!
The 8 extra plugs were added in 2008, which along with some other changes resulted in a healthy power increase.

IIRC, the lower bank set only are spec'd to be changed every 100k.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts