Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks! I am in the St. Pete, FL. area and I was wondering if anyone out there knows of any good moderate trails that aren't in Ocala. I don't have mud/all terrains yet, so I can't get too crazy. Just putting a feeler out there.

Thanks!
R.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey folks! I am in the St. Pete, FL. area and I was wondering if anyone out there knows of any good moderate trails that aren't in Ocala. I don't have mud/all terrains yet, so I can't get too crazy. Just putting a feeler out there.

Thanks!
R.
You could try Croom Trail over near Brooksville. It's about an hour drive from you.
There is also Corbett Wildlife Management area. But that's all the way over on the east coast near Palm Beach. I don't think you would want to drive 200 miles for the afternoon one way. But it is easier and longer trail.
You're so close to sea level. Everything has to be protected around there.
You can just Google either one of those two parks and see if it's what you're looking for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
6,300 Posts

Thanks!
R.
Aside from Ocala and the Ocala National Forest, anywhere in the Osceola National Forest should have pretty decent trail riding.

That's not too far from St Pete I don't believe.

Brooksville that someone else mentioned is fairly close to Ocala (within an hours drive), so, the terrain is very similar.

Just curious - what do you have against Ocala?

Those (Ocala) trails are probably some of the nicest trails you'll find in Central Florida.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts