Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my overhead console and possibly my rear view mirror on my 2006 jeep commander, but have no clue how to get them off. I want to add the console with homelink. Any suggestions? I've been searching the internet for days to no avail and don't want to break anything. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's just a basic mirror - nothing fancy with no electronics - and an overhead console with sunroof controls and the small storage compartment next to it. It looks like the console comes off pretty easily (I can get underneath it if I remove the sunroof molding), but the mirror seems to be attached to the roof or something, and I don't want to just start pulling on it and snap it off.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Grab the mirror & pull down, its held in by a spring fitting. The GENTLY pull down on the front lip of the console housing and it'll come free. Using a putty knife or similar will help. Its in there tightly so some force will be needed, just don't yank on it or you can break off some tabs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
did you get it installed I want to do the same thing got one off e-bay the home link has 3 wires you know where they go ? was hoping the wiring was there!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got this from the service CD.. hope it help

1. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, remove the trim cover (5).
2. Disconnect the electrical connectors (3).
3. Grasp the mirror assembly (4) securely and pull down to release the support pins (2) from the support bracket (1).

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts