Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2006 Hemi, I dropped the oil pan bolt in my oil drain pan as I was removing it...Put the bolt back on after draining and filled the engine. After draining the oil from my catch pan into gallon jug, I found a washer in the bottom of the drain pan. I don't know if it was from my son's oil change or from the Hemi bolt. It was a metal washer....thanks guys, RKL

·
Registered
480 Posts
Should be an orange rubber washer/seal. Thats what I had on my 06 hemi (since replaced the "washer" due to age).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hemi oil pan bolt washer

Yanser..thanks...My bolt has the orange washer intact on the bolt...RKL

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Here's some info that might help in the futre :)

Oil Pan Rubber gasket not listed separate it's part of Bolt

Oil pan drian plug for Hemi is M14X1.5X21.5 part number 06507741AA uses 13mm wrench size

Oil pan drian plug for 3.7 and 4.7 is M14X1.5X20 part number 06506100AA uses 13 mm wrench size

Attachments

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Yeggster....thanks for the info and pics...RKL
No problem I have mine off permanantly in the tool box, as I put my Futomo Valve on the XK on Wednesday.

·
2,248 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
No problem I have mine off permanantly in the tool box, as I put my Futomo Valve on the XK on Wednesday.
I am glad that you mentioned the Fumoto Valve. When I bring it up it sounds like I am a Fumoto salesman. Sometimes I think I post too many times.

Here is the link to the thread on the Fumoto Valve:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5000&highlight=fumoto
I was wondering who would mention this first! I thank you Bill for the valve, it works great with the belly skid plate.

·
2,248 Posts
Maybe we should give some out at the Camp Commander trail ride. I will check to see if I have any in my "Man Cave".

None there, I just ordered 6 of them for attendance prizes. Three of them are for the Hemi F-101, and three for either the 4.7 or the 3.6 engine F-106. They may give me a discount, will see when they answer my email tomorrow. These are the ones with the nipple so that you can use a hose to drain the oil into a container.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I finaly just did mine on Wednesday.

BEFORE

Fumoto with the tube (for the Hemi) part Number F106N ( Thread size 14mm X 1.5 )

AFTER

:)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts