Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, searched the "looking to buy" thread and others but didnt find my answer.

I'm looking to buy an 07 commander but I dont know how to tell if it has a tow package or not (build sheet not readily available). I read some of the owners manual and the dealer sheet, but still i'm not sure. My camper has breaks and I want to make sure there is a controller installed before I buy it.

Here is what I know:

It has the tow/haul button, it has a tranny cooler, it has two fans on on the back of the radiator one regular size one huge looking thing, it has the hitch and the 7pin plug.

Its a 4.7L sport, lots of options, trail rated sticker on the side, no rear-view camera, no dvd system.

I'm hoping the tow/haul button seals the deal, but i'm totally new to the commander scene so i just dont know.

Thanks, any help appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
If you are asking if it has a brake controller the answer is no, not unless a previous owner installed one and left it in when he sold the Commander. Brake controllers are not standard or optional equipment on a Commander.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, I've done this before on my ZJ so not that big of a deal. I guess I just need to lower my expectations.
:cheers:

·
Registered
451 Posts
My 09 HEMI has the tow package and no controller. A prodigy controller fits into the cubby above your left knee though and the wires are in close proximity to that location.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If you have a tow hitch, you have the towing pkg. You need to buy the controller separately. The Commander has 3.73 rear end and is ready to tow up to 6,500 lbs.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
If you have a tow hitch, you have the towing pkg.
Not necessarily. A previous owner could have put hitch on and not installed the other components that comprise the OEM tow package.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts