Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I used the key fob to lock the car, and did not notice the front passenger door was still open. The doors locked and nothing happened to let me know a door was still open. My other car will let you know if a door was not secured by beeping the alarm. I will be more alert, but wonder if this is normal.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This alarm system has surprised me before. While camping in it, I used the fob to lock the doors. Later I opened the door from inside and the alarm went off.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
According to the Owner's Manaul, if you use a mechanical Key to open the door, the alarm will go off in a few minutes if you do NOT insert a programmed RFID fobik in the ignition.

BTW, if you didn't know, if the battery in the Fobik goes dead, the RFID chip for the starting the car still works. Its two seperate functions and parts in one key, the RFID chip does NOT need any power, it comes from the car to power the RFID chip.

I use a P.O.D. key, just an RFID chip and mechanical blade, no remote in it like the stock Fobik. So I open the door mechanically with the key blade and then insert the POD key, so the alarm has never gone off for me, but I haven't really tested it to see if it will.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I know my '03 Tahoe had a feature where if the door was open and you either pushed the fob or tried to manually lock on the door, the car would not lock and chime at you. The next time you pressed, it would lock the car. Just seems like a difference in manufacturers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts