Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the door lock actuator in my drivers door. It recently started just making a buzzing sound when the door is locked / unlocked. I searched here on the site and found this post about the issue. I was going to reply to that thread, but it's from back in 2009 and in the Dealer Service section. It made more sense to start my own post here.

I looked on eBay a bit but I was going to the Pull a Part yard yesterday for a few other things, so I figured I'd just grab one there to save some money. Of course, both Commanders had the front left lock actuator already taken. But thinking about it today, I'm pretty sure that the Commander and Grand Cherokee have some interchangeable parts. I used a clevis from a 3rd generation (2005-2010) Grand Cherokee on my commander because I couldn't find a Commander in the Pull a Part yard with one. And that was the exact same item. Any ideas if this door lock actuator is also interchangeable with a Grand Cherokee or any other Mopar vehicle??

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My Pull a Part yard got a new Commander in yesterday. I ran up there today to get a few parts before it gets picked over. One of those parts was the drivers side door lock actuator.

I'll still try to remember to ask about it being interchangeable with another Mopar vehcile the next time I'm up at the dealership. But we may never find out .... :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts