Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching on how the lock knobs on the door interior are removed. Do they just unscrew like in older cars, or do they need the door panel removed to get them.
Thought I'd ask before I tore into it.

Thanks

·
Administrator
6,840 Posts
I've been searching on how the lock knobs on the door interior are removed. Do they just unscrew like in older cars, or do they need the door panel removed to get them.
Thought I'd ask before I tore into it.

Thanks
I have not tried to remove them, but, I'm fairly certain they just twist off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not tried to remove them, but, I'm fairly certain they just twist off.
The reason I was asking is on my old 442 I cut the flared end off the buttons and epoxied some 223 brass on them, and was thinking about doing the same with this with some of my 308 brass. However my wife isn't to keen on the idea and wants to see it first.😀

·
Administrator
6,840 Posts
The reason I was asking is on my old 442 I cut the flared end off the buttons and epoxied some 223 brass on them, and was thinking about doing the same with this with some of my 308 brass. However my wife isn't to keen on the idea and wants to see it first.😀
Post some pics if you go through with it;

Definitely sounds like a pretty original idea; I'd be curious to see how it looks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure if I'll do it, but got the idea from some biker buddies. They like to shove valve stem caps into 44 brass to add a little attitude to their rides.
Take a tube cutter to shorten them, and they make some interesting bolt covers too.

·
Administrator
6,840 Posts
Not sure if I'll do it, but got the idea from some biker buddies. They like to shove valve stem caps into 44 brass to add a little attitude to their rides.
Take a tube cutter to shorten them, and they make some interesting bolt covers too.
That's a pretty creative idea.

I don't know if that's for everybody - but it's definitely different, for those who like originality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts