Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally fix door handle assy...i was able to use jeep liberty assy that i bought from ebay for $8...little modification and fiberglass...didnt get the color to match ..but it looks okay.. had this in another thread under ( General Discuss).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Wouldn't the repair have been covered by warranty?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
replacement part is door panel $450>...they dont sell the door handle assy seperate.... so this was the cheaper route...out of warranty...

·
Administrator
15,217 Posts
Use a trim tool or something similar to pry off the panel. But first make sure to remove all the screws. It may be a good idea to go to the parts store first and get some fasteners in case some break when you are removing the panel.

·
Administrator
15,217 Posts
Found this:

02-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Redhouse

Re: Door Speaker Install
You have to remove the screws in the door handle, arm rest, inside and bottom of the panel, 4 total. Then start on the bottom of the door panel, there's an indent where you can start your tool and then pull the panel off, slowly, going from the middle out. Be careful not to pull off the panel all the way, until you disconnect the wiring harness for the lock, window and then the door lock rod.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Thanks for the info 5253, I got to repair door soon before handle falls off in my wifes hand.
Got in it yesterday and noticed plastic is now just floating in door panel. And handle feels very loose. I sure would like to know what caused failure.

·
Administrator
15,217 Posts
wife ordered new door panel today $562.00 plus tax $92.00 to install. Pretty pricey for a piece of plastic.
Holy crap ! couldn't you find a used one ?

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
So I missed what happened to your door handle in the first place. :icon_confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys,
To bring an old thread back to life...has anyone found a place that sells the door panel for a reasonable price? I see that there is a fix, of sorts, but I would rather just replace the part. It is for my Mom and we live in different cities. She is bent that the stealership wants so much to replace the part, and she just past her warranty. Any news on a recall?

·
Administrator
15,217 Posts
Guys,
To bring an old thread back to life...has anyone found a place that sells the door panel for a reasonable price? I see that there is a fix, of sorts, but I would rather just replace the part. It is for my Mom and we live in different cities. She is bent that the stealership wants so much to replace the part, and she just past her warranty. Any news on a recall?
Kaistie, go to ebay motors, choose "parts and accessories" next to the search box then put "jeep commander door panel" in the search box and hit the search button. There are several for sale there. Hopefully there is one that you can use.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts