1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Jeep Commander Limited 5.7L HEMI V8
Factory radio with Navigation - No rear entertainment, not Boston Acoustics
West Chester, Pennsylvania

So I really hope someone has seen this before and can help. The speakers on the doors are putting out very very low volume sound while the two dash speakers are working fine. As a result, the audio just sounds like there's no bass and a lot of treble.

Since this has started, sometimes the whole radio/Nav unit will turn off and reboot as it would when you start the car. This happens maybe once a day depending on how much I drive.

From reading up on how the system is wired, I've checked the fuses in the module under the hood as well as under the steering column. They seem to work fine. However I know the amplifier is located in the back on the drivers side. Is there a fuse there I should check? Part of me thinks it's not a fuse since the speakers are getting SOME sound. And the whole screen rebooting is weird too. Any chance it's a loose wire behind the screen unit?

I appreciate any insight on this and let me know if you need more info.

Tyler

·
Administrator
16,181 Posts
I can't help you with your problem, but you do have the Boston Acoustics. The 2006 Limiteds had the Boston Acoustics but did not have the badges designating that they had it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It sounds like its a grounding problem. Check all of your fuse panel connections first (as they seem to come loose over time) I had this problem with the exact same model. After many hours of tightening power leads and grounds it eventually stopped. If there is a problem with the unit itself I just replaced my entire system yesterday and would be happy to give you all the components on the cheap. (though I did not pull the amp out but can do so). Hopefully its just a ground issue and youll be on your way without having to replace anything.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts