Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Looking for replacement Door Trim panels for my 06 Limited. Of course the interior door handle plastic piece is broken "Not the handle itself" and the dealer says the whole door trim needs to be replaced to fix it. Dealer wants 600+ but I can do it myself if I can find the part. Any help would be appreciated since my web searches are coming up empty. Looks like the part from Mopar is "2006 XK-IXK Interior Trim - Door Trim Panels"

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts
Try LKQ on ebay.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
There has been several threads on this already, no one has been able to find them at a reasonable price. Like jeep5253 suggested, watch e-bay see if a deal happens to pop up. Someone posted their home fix of fiberglassing the back of the panels and re-inforcing them to stay together.

What's LKQ?

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts
There has been several threads on this already, no one has been able to find them at a reasonable price. Like jeep5253 suggested, watch e-bay see if a deal happens to pop up. Someone posted their home fix of fiberglassing the back of the panels and re-inforcing them to stay together.

What's LKQ?
LKQ is a large used parts company that sells on ebay.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Hey everyone,

Looking for replacement Door Trim panels for my 06 Limited. Of course the interior door handle plastic piece is broken "Not the handle itself" and the dealer says the whole door trim needs to be replaced to fix it. Dealer wants 600+ but I can do it myself if I can find the part. Any help would be appreciated since my web searches are coming up empty. Looks like the part from Mopar is "2006 XK-IXK Interior Trim - Door Trim Panels"

Cheers!
There are no parts available, only the whole door panel. I believe Johnson Controls made the panels - they would be the only source for individual parts. I have been looking for 3 years. :mofo:

·
Registered
158 Posts
There are no parts available, only the whole door panel. I believe Johnson Controls made the panels - they would be the only source for individual parts. I have been looking for 3 years. :mofo:
It was originally Plastec, who went bankrupt, and bought out by JCI.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
It was originally Plastec, who went bankrupt, and bought out by JCI.
I wrote to them a year or so ago. I figured someone had to have a box of spare parts lying around somewhere, but to no avail. I keep searching salvage yards. The problem is, as you have probably already found out, is that the round disc is heat rivited to the door panel, and the mounting rods have to be destroyed to remove them! :mofo:

·
Registered
3,262 Posts

What's LKQ?
Mongo,

LKQ stands for: Like Kind and Quality.....as 5253 said, a national chain of aftermarket parts and to some degree, used parts, depending on location.
If there is one in your area, they only directly deal with dealers and repair shops.
For the consumer, they operate a web based store.

They are very heavy on re-pop sheet metal (tiewan (SP) or China).
Also big on re-pop front and rear facias. Headlamp hosings too....and then a full line of various repair items.
Insurance companies love them and try to force the insured into accepting re-pop components when available.

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts