Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to double check with you guys before I went through ordering. Did my searching/reading and here's what I came up with for my 2007 Commander.

I'm going to do a 2" RC kit.

255/70/17 General AT2's (this is my wifes commuter)

KMC XD Spy wheels: 17x8 +18mm (5.21 backspace), 5x127 pattern (P/N XD79778050318 )

What do you guys think? Shouldn't have any major rubbing issues with that wheel and tire size with 2" right?

I think it'll look pretty good too

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks.

Yeah, +18 is the offset. This comes out to ~5.2" for the backspace. So the inside edge of the wheel will sit out 0.8" further than stock (giving some clearance between the tire and the frame) and the outer edge of the wheel will sit 1.3" further than stock (so its like have a 1.25" wheel spacer with stock wheels in terms of fender clearance)

·
Registered
26 Posts
good luck with everything man. I have a white 07 limited and I recently went with the 2 inch RC and 255/70/17. the tire size is perfect and i'm sure it will look nasty with the XD wheels you have chosen. I too have thought about going with black wheels so I can't wait to see how they look on your jeep. please keep us posted on the progress

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good luck with everything man. I have a white 07 limited and I recently went with the 2 inch RC and 255/70/17. the tire size is perfect and i'm sure it will look nasty with the XD wheels you have chosen. I too have thought about going with black wheels so I can't wait to see how they look on your jeep. please keep us posted on the progress
Thanks!

You happen to have any pictures of yours that you can post up??

I'm going to put the RC on in the next few weeks, but the new wheels/tires wont come until sometime in October... we're on a tight budget over the next few months.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks!

You happen to have any pictures of yours that you can post up??

I'm going to put the RC on in the next few weeks, but the new wheels/tires wont come until sometime in October... we're on a tight budget over the next few months.
unfortunately i don't have any now but I will get some up as soon as i can. it will probably be in the next day or so. i will post them in this thread

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Picture doesn't work; Post more!

·
Registered
455 Posts
PS, I have the same tires with stock rims, slight rubbing at full lock, nothing bad - so you will be fine with new rims. Make sure you get your alignment done and you rotate those babies religiously. These tires are wearing poorly I have only 30,000 on them.

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts