Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading this forum for a little while. Everyone on here is great! I've been able to educate myself very well on my Commander. I was wondering if anyone knows if a DOUGH THORLEY exhaust for a 5.7L will fit the 4.7L?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
5.7 and 4.7 exhausts are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I figured. Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Edited the "H" out of your title, DOUG Thorley only makes an exhaust for the 5.7 at this time.

They also make one for the 2008 smart, it is sitting in my garage (like many other smart & Commander parts) just waiting to be installed.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
they have been around for years.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the correction. Didn't realize I put an "H" in there. I've used their headers before. I loved them. I haven't found anyone using their exhaust on a Commander yet.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just an update on this thread - I thought that for the price, you just couldn't go wrong! I bought this one over the weekend and am waiting for it to arrive. I had a Thorley exhaust on an old CJ and it was fine, so I would expect the same from this one. Not sure when I will get to install it, but I need to have a garage day and some alone time with my Commander anyway - have the Royal Purple and Amsoil Filter waiting for 3 weeks now!

·
Registered
230 Posts
PS - i picked it up on ebay for $99 plus actual shipping costs - the ebayer worked with me, so it was under $140 total.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just installed the Doug Thorley 5.7 cat back exhaust system on my 2006 4.7 Commander. It was the simplest exhaust install I have ever done. It took me a total of 30 minutes. Of course I do have a two post lift, so that certainly helps. It bolted right in and fit with no problems at all. I love the way it sounds. Perfect for what I want. Here's some pics and a vid with the sound.

http://s874.photobucket.com/albums/ab307/JeffJ30/?action=view&current=Exhaust.flv

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Great looking, I will copy your sound bite to the exhaust sound thread too.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Is there any difference between the 2006 and 2007 exhausts? If an exhaust is listed as 2006 Jeep Commander 5.7L, would that fit my 07?

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Is there any difference between the 2006 and 2007 exhausts? If an exhaust is listed as 2006 Jeep Commander 5.7L, would that fit my 07?
It should.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I found one for $245 shipped. Does that sound like a good deal?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yea, me too! Still a good deal at $185 + shipping however. That's still a pretty cheap cat back with Doug Thorley quality and nice tip that usually would cost about $80 itself. The guys that got them at $99 got one heck of a deal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry, that was just temporary while I tightened everything up. Those are not needed on the 4.7. I'm guessing that the newer models or the 5.7 use hangars there. The exhaust also has hangars where the stock ones are on the 2006 4.7.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts