Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the past few days the commander started downshifting really hard when comming to a stop at stop signs and lights. When i first bought the truck a month ago it never did it at all an im sitting at roughly 1,600 miles. I searched on the forum and it seems that my truck is not the only one thats doing it. I never got the real answer that i was looking for in the other Threads so i figured ill just post and ask the question here. Has anyone brought their commander into the dealer and actually had them fix this problem or is it just something that i have to live with. I want to bring it in to the dealer but am afraid that they are just going to give it back to me and say that they cant pin point the problem that i am having or that its supposed to do that. It seems everytime i go to any dealer those are the answers i get. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My '06 4.7L doesn't do this. It's very smooth when stopping. What is irritating is the downshifting when coming down a hill with cruise control engaged. As soon as the vehicle gets a little bit above the set speed in the coasting mode, it downshifts abruptly.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will this hurt the vehicle in any way? If so i want to get it looked at soon.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Unhook your negative battery terminal for 1 minute, reconnect, and see if it still does it. My bet is that the adaptives have trained themselves to your driving style. Also, I don't think there is anything for the dealer to "fix" unless it is downshifting so hard it is throwing you forward.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't think there was really anything that the dealer could do until something actually breaks. Hopefully it never comes to that. But everyonce and a while when it does it, it makes a clunking noise. Who knows ill just have to wait it out and see if it gets worse.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you explain to me exactly what the adaptives is? Ill see if i can do it today and then let you guys know if it stops downshifting like that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
adaptives

RedCommander said:
Unhook your negative battery terminal for 1 minute, reconnect, and see if it still does it. My bet is that the adaptives have trained themselves to your driving style. Also, I don't think there is anything for the dealer to "fix" unless it is downshifting so hard it is throwing you forward.
I was always under the impression that the "adaptives" of the vehicle are forever adapting. I didn't think they remained static once it adopted your style of driving ... please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
They do keep adapting, but if you pull the battery, they reset themselves to factory. So, if the computer has "learned" your way of driving and you don't like it, you can reset them.

What I'm getting at is that if 07 just started having this "problem" it could be because of the computer learning. If he resets it and it still happens then that is not the case. But, it's easy enough to rule out.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ummmm i have lifetime powertrain warranty. Tranny is covered under that warranty!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Between the downshifting and the damm injector noise im going crazy!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No net yet. I think i will today though when i get home from work!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts