Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having an issue with the driver window switch cluster in which I can one touch open the passenger window but, I can't close the passenger window from the driver side. The only way I can close it is to lean over and one touch up and the window will close. Very occasionally I can close the passenger window with the driver switch. All other driver switches work.

My question is this a problem with the driver door cluster or the passenger window regulator?

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
I'm having an issue with the driver window switch cluster in which I can one touch open the passenger window but, I can't close the passenger window from the driver side. The only way I can close it is to lean over and one touch up and the window will close. Very occasionally I can close the passenger window with the driver switch. All other driver switches work.

My question is this a problem with the driver door cluster or the passenger window regulator?
That's a good question.

I have an issue with one of my front windows where the "one touch up" function is very touchy.

I have been overseas for a year and I've been away from my XK for 6 months now, so, I can't remember which window it is - the front passenger or the front driver's side.

I can always power it up, but, sometimes the one-touch up seems to not want to work and I have to just hold the switch in the up position until it closes.

Not enough of an issue for me to worry about it - but I have noticed it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good question.

I have an issue with one of my front windows where the "one touch up" function is very touchy.

I have been overseas for a year and I've been away from my XK for 6 months now, so, I can't remember which window it is - the front passenger or the front driver's side.

I can always power it up, but, sometimes the one-touch up seems to not want to work and I have to just hold the switch in the up position until it closes.

Not enough of an issue for me to worry about it - but I have noticed it.
I think I might just buy a cluster, they seem to be about $40

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got mine too, going to try to get it installed this weekend. I'll let you know if it solved anything.

How long until you are relieved from duty there?

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
Got mine too, going to try to get it installed this weekend. I'll let you know if it solved anything.

How long until you are relieved from duty there?

Yep, let me know how you make out with it.

Hopefully November 13th or 14th - if my relief shows up when he is supposed to, there's probably a 50/50 chance of that happening.

I'm already 63 days overdue for relief - but hey, who's counting?

LOL......hopefully everything falls into place over the next week....we shall see.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh man, they never let us go past our deploy date and if they did then they'd have to pay us extra duty pay.

Hope that's the case with you.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, let me know how you make out with it.

Hopefully November 13th or 14th - if my relief shows up when he is supposed to, there's probably a 50/50 chance of that happening.

I'm already 63 days overdue for relief - but hey, who's counting?

LOL......hopefully everything falls into place over the next week....we shall see.
Just replaced mine, passenger window now works up and down. Easy install too.

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
Oh man, they never let us go past our deploy date and if they did then they'd have to pay us extra duty pay.

Hope that's the case with you.

I get an extra $50.00 a day and I'll get it all in a lump sum the payday after I transfer, so, it will be a nice piece of change when I finally do get out of here - probably in the neighborhood of $3K when it's all said and done.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I get an extra $50.00 a day and I'll get it all in a lump sum the payday after I transfer, so, it will be a nice piece of change when I finally do get out of here - probably in the neighborhood of $3K when it's all said and done.
Sweet!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts