Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone else feel that the driver's seat is really uncomfortable? my back kills me after more than a few minutes. i am thinking there may be a defect in it b/c the dealer says there have been no complaints about seat comfort. any similar problems?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
As far as I know everyone has said the seating is extremely comfortable. It could be something misalligned in your seat.

·
Registered
213 Posts
check that the lumbar support is not too far into your lower back - also try different height settings.
If you can't find a comfy position, you may have some kind of defect.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have the leather... very comfortable. Just need to find your sweet spot and then set the memory position. I am the only driver of my XK and have two positions set in memory... one for when I use for commute and the other for long distance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have the leather also. i have had the truck for three months and cannot get a comfortable position. i think the lumbar support may be placed too high, my lower back is rounded when i sit down instead of supported. i thought i was a little crazy but my wife has been driving it the last month and says the same thing. i am bringing for service next week and i am going to have the tech take the seat apart. seems i am the only one experiencing this problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
No problem with my seat. Very comfortable, I have leather as well. Just took it on a about 4000 mile trip and loved it the whole time (except the mpg).

·
Registered
258 Posts
mine is comfortable. I have it Low to the floor and flat. no lumbar.
I dont lean back too far either.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ours are great! Except when "someone" turns the seat heater on in the summer, Talk about being "red a**ed":rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the EXACT same problem, my back aches after only 20 minutes of driving. I think the lumbar support, even when the handle is back, is too much.

Has anyone had a dealer check their seat????

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would say it’s fairly comfortable, the only problem I've run into is the plastic on the lower left side (where the seat controls are) has popped out of place, not all the way. Dealer fixed it quickly at an oil change. Seems like the way I sit puts some pressure in the plastic and the left side of the cushion seems to always have creases in it. Perhaps my A$$ is too big:eek: . I'm ~6-4, 235.

·
Administrator
16,134 Posts
Mine is very comfortable. Everyone who has rode in it says the seats are comfortable -- front and back.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Mine was uncomfortable until I repositioned the brake and gas pedals closer to the firewall.

·
Registered
87 Posts
SDBaja said:
Mine was uncomfortable until I repositioned the brake and gas pedals closer to the firewall.
Do you have the electronic controls on that, or did you do it manually somehow?

·
Registered
398 Posts
durkinma said:
Do you have the electronic controls on that, or did you do it manually somehow?
Electronic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think the seat is just too curved for my back, even with the lumbar all the way in. My Commander goes in to the custom upholsterer next week to have the limbar removed or the padding shaved down so that is is flatter!

It sure cant be any worse!

·
Registered
172 Posts
durkinma said:
I would say it’s fairly comfortable, the only problem I've run into is the plastic on the lower left side (where the seat controls are) has popped out of place, not all the way. Dealer fixed it quickly at an oil change. Seems like the way I sit puts some pressure in the plastic and the left side of the cushion seems to always have creases in it. Perhaps my A$$ is too big:eek: . I'm ~6-4, 235.

I just took mine to the dealer for this problem (plastic popping out) last monday. They ordered the part, and I am waiting for a call I guess to hear that it is in.

I look forward to being in the commander as I have always found all my Jeep seats comfortable.

·
Registered
~~2008 Overland 5.7 HEMI~~
105 Posts
I’ve had mine for one week and after a three hour drive yesterday I am in bed with serious lower back pain.
Upon inspection it looks like the passenger’s seat goes “flatter” than the driver’s when
lumbar is fully “off”.

I had a four hour drive home when I bought her and pulled over twice to try to adjust it. After yesterday’s drive my back is DONE.

i thought maybe it’s inflated and was ready to stick a needle or ice pick (😬 lol) right through the leather in hopes of popping the damn thing.

So it’s foam, huh? Is this a fix that REQUIRES a dealer visit? And I’m curious what the cost was for those who have had them “fix” it.
@bend of the river

·
Registered
~~2008 Overland 5.7 HEMI~~
105 Posts
Deleted

1 - 20 of 20 Posts