Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My recent installation of SL's 4" lift revealed a worn joint on my front driveshaft at the transfer case. I know there are rebuild kits available, but I was wondering if anyone had replaced theirs with a cv style or slip spline shaft? I'd really like some kind of yoke adapter for the t-case to turn that joint into a 1310 u-joint for added strength and trail repair ease. I've got a call into Tom Woods D/S to see if they can make something, but I'd be fine with a junkyard rebuild/custom cut setup. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
63 Posts
another option is carolina driveline makes a front drive shaft for the wk i would assume it would work with the xk. theres several wk people on other forums that have this shaft and like it.

you can see the where they improved it from the oem one.

http://www.carolinadriveline.com/Jeep.aspx

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Has anyone done an upgrade to the Double Carden U joint front drive shaft and if so who did they order through?
I have heard they can be prone to more vibration and noise than the standard double CV joint system but heaps stronger and less prone to wear.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I am running the Carolina Driveline front drive shaft with the double cardan joint. No vibrations at all. It's a top quality piece. I could only imagine that you must have some good shops in OZ that can fab the same and save you some AUS$ on shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts