Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey bros,

I just picked up a spacer kit to add to the gains I picked up from the OME spring install. I like the added lift but I would like a bit more so that I can step up to 265's on the next set of tires without worry. These came along dirt cheap so I grabbed them.

I got to thinking about a Grand Cherokee lift I saw where the rear driveshaft needed to be changed at 4 inches of lift. What are the experiences here from anyone that has added 3 to 4 inches of lift. Did you need to add a cv joint rear driveshaft. The one comment posted was that at that amount of lift, a cv joint driveshaft was required to compensate for the angle without having to worry about vibration.

·
Registered
480 Posts
You shouldn't need a driveshaft upgrade at 4" of lift. The Superlift hits that level without changing the rear driveshaft, and plenty of people run that lift with no problems. I'm also currently running a modified OME with no problems, sitting at 4" of lift.

You shouldn't stack spacers up front though. Because of the geometry up front, stacking a 2" spacer on the OME kit will put you way too high. I installed it just to see where it sat, and I was at 24.5" hub to fender, which is actually where the tie rod ends maxed out. The JBA UCAs were also pressed against the springs, and the CV axles were stretched an extreme amount. You should instead use a strut plate or Bilstein 5100s up front, and avoid going over 23" hub to fender.

I'll be posting a writeup to my modified OME install soon, so there'll be plenty more information there on the problems I faced.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is the front top plate rear spacer type kit. I have rancho's front and rear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts