Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the nav system will not play DVD movies, but will it play mp3 that where burned on to a dvd?
I am computer stupid so for give me if this is a silly question.

·
Registered
240 Posts
it will play MP3's that are burned onto a CD, not a DVD through the nav unit. I am not sure if it will play an audio DVD through the rear entertainment system though. I am sure one of these other guys who know a lot more than me will jump in and clarify that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the software for the nav was dvd based, so in turn I was not sure if it could read the mp3's on a DVD.

Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Theres a company that can convert your NAV system to play all types of video and Mp3 check em out, ill try and get you the sight, they specialize in Crysler, Jeep, and Dodge vehicles

·
Registered
3 Posts
The DVD slot in the NAV unit will not play MP3s. You can put a data CD into the upper CD slots and play MP3 files just fine. You can also use a data DVD with MP3 files in the rear entertainment system's DVD player. The only mods I've ever seen for the head unit allow you to feed external (or rear DVD) video into it, NOT play DVDs through it's NAV disc drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts