Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the output from the factory installed VES (Vehicle Entertainment System) be routed to the NAV screen?

Thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yep. NY MV law says (in typical wording of such statues) that no video screen may be installed such that it can be viewed from the driver's seat, with the usual backup camera exception.

·
Registered
88 Posts
well i'm trying to figure out where i can get it done.. if anyone knows where i can get it done around va/md/dc area then let me know. and i'll do the same. thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I drove a Lincoln Navigator that had a Navigation system with the camera integrated on the screen. The screen tilted in three directins for easy viewing and flipped down to insert CD or DVD. You could insert a DVD movie and watch it up front if the vehicle was in park. I thought it was cool to have that option. It was an aftermarket installation here in Oklahom City. By the way, the screen was much bigger than the Commander's; so, viewing in the camera mode was really nice (you could see what was behind you very well because it is such a big screen) - I am a little concerned the the Commander's won't let you see much because the screen seems so much smaller - Those that have the integrated camera, can you see what you need to in the camera mode?

If anyone knows where to get the screen modified to accept DVD's (movies) while the vehicle is in park, please post!

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts