Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here put Dynamat in their Jeep? Or something similiar? If so where do you have it installed? How do you like it? I keep debating on whether to get it or not..any info would be great.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I haven't done my Jeep yet. I still have some left over from when I did my Explorer and have been thinking about throwing it in the doors of the Jeep. I'll post up if/when I actually do it. My plan is right behind the front door speakers and on the mounting panel of the speakers themselves. Commonly called outer and inner door skins.

When I had my explorer, I did the whole floor, roof, and all inner door skins. I even took before and after dB measurements and it was 1-2 dB quieter. For all the work/money I'm not sure it was worth it, it was noticeable but a pain to do the whole thing.

I think if I just do the outer door skin behind where the speaker fires and the inner right where the speaker mounts it might tighten up speaker response. My Jeep is already pretty quiet as it is, I don't really have any complaints about road noise. I'm only planning to do it because I already have the materials (second skin deamplifer not dynamat, but same concept)..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts