Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my dynomax vt muffler #17956 today and installed it. It installed really nicely. Its a 2.5" offset inlet and center outlet. Cut off the old one and installed it in a about 2 hrs. welded in real nice. its nice and quiet at idle and cruising. I did a short run at about 65mph and there was zero drone. truck sounds nice (it gets a bit louder) when i step on the gas. It no way is it obnoxious. I highly recommend it for a after market muffler. I would put up a audio clip, but they are just about worthless to really hear what a nice exhaust sounds like.. I wouldn't think twice about ordering it again. One thing though, lets see how long this valve lasts.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Quiet you say. More quiet than stock? Any performance related changes?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went out a little bit ago and no its not as quiet as stock. There is a nice tone at idle, but when you hammer down the valve opens and she has a nice healthy mopar sound. As for performance, I just reset my computer so i'm not sure what I'm feeling. I think it would be safe to say there is a bit more performance as the rpm's climb. I wasn't expecting anything, so the lil performance i think i feel is cool. But I like the muffler all day.

·
Registered
10 Posts
sorry to revive an old thread but any updates on the valve of the muffler? rattling or anything? Im considering one but want to know I am getting a solid muffler

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no complaints. The exhaust sounds great. It has a nice tone. no highway drone unless I'm pulling a trailer or i have the jeep loaded up. I get compliments on the way it sounds all the time. And as for your question. there is no noise coming from the muffler. I recommend it. There are 2 sizes. You want the one with for the larger displacement motors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts