Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive had the commander for less than a week now, I figure its about time to do a couple of things.

1. I have read all of the threads on changing the the spark plugs, mine seems over due, guaranteed the are original plugs. So I bought some E 3's. Read a lot of reviews and that seems the best way to go. Talked to a guy with a Hemi ram, and he swears by them.

2. Oil change, nothing big M1 5w20, with a M1 filter. However, I keep getting different answers on the filter number. AZ says M-210, Murrays says M-204. Anyone know for sure. I know on my dads ram it says PH2 or PH16, but only the PH2 fits. And I no longer use FRAM.

3. Really excited to put my intake on. Was going to wait, but to change the plugs, I will have to take off the air box, so might as well.

Ill put some pics and some numbers up, any quick tips for me?

·
2,248 Posts
Before you change the oil get a Fumoto Valve. It will make changing the oil much easier and cleaner. Do a search on Fumoto Valve here on the forum for more info.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I ran those E3 plugs for a while and they were garbage. Ended up taking them out and putting the stock plugs back in. Definately not worth the money.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to take my chances with the E 3's. The 4.7 and the 5.7 are completly different in my opinion. Not to be bought in by marketing, but I watched the review on Horsepower TV. and the claimed a 8hp and 17ft torque on a ls1 with 4% less fuel consumption. Ill give a update when I install them.

At first, I thought you were kidding me with the Fumoto Valve, but it is real. I'm not crazy about that though, I don't like adding aftermarket parts to major components of a vehicle. I will only change my oil 3 times a year, reall not worth it in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Try to keep thread topic to one subject so that it can be searched later. Some of these items have current threads that you can post your updates in.

·
Registered
378 Posts
You guys over moderate here. You take the fun out of owning a Commander and being able to go online and share whatever topic it is that you enjoy. You also want to lump every thread together and not every thread belongs together.

·
2,248 Posts
You guys over moderate here. You take the fun out of owning a Commander and being able to go online and share whatever topic it is that you enjoy. You also want to lump every thread together and not every thread belongs together.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. For me it does not take any fun away by being organized. I do appreciate all the work our moderators do in keeping the forum well organized. I think that what 49er was suggesting is that many of us use the search function to find specific subjects. It is nice to find detailed information relating to any search item. Give us a chance and see how it helps you find what you want to know. The organized system that Jon uses might grow on you. You are also welcome to use the off topic section for anything that you want to post. One other suggestion is that if we all think about the title of our threads and use related titles it will make searching easier. Just my two cents.:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm not saying what he suggests isn't better, but it's like being on a forum run by Monk, just because it may be better for certain reasons, doesn't mean it makes this an enjoyable place to hang out. I come here to talk about Jeeps, not watch moderators run around telling everyone to mind their P's and Q's every two seconds.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I'm not saying what he suggests isn't better, but it's like being on a forum run by Monk, just because it may be better for certain reasons, doesn't mean it makes this an enjoyable place to hang out. I come here to talk about Jeeps, not watch moderators run around telling everyone to mind their P's and Q's every two seconds.
You are entitled to your opinion, but what we have works so unless you want to be the moderator, learn to play by the rules.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm not sure I agree with your assessment that "it works". Right now about 15% of the people viewing this site are registered, that's a pretty low number, and I have to wonder if how the forum is run has anything to do with that.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I'm not sure I agree with your assessment that "it works". Right now about 15% of the people viewing this site are registered, that's a pretty low number, and I have to wonder if how the forum is run has anything to do with that.
Thank you for your kind words of encouragement but you have been here less than a month so I am not sure you can really speak to what works on this forum. Give it some time and you will see that we have a great forum and it is more popular than you might think. The lower numbers reflect that this forum is dedicated to ONE vehicle only, you cannot compare it to a rice burner forum or others that are for many different groups.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
So Ive had the commander for less than a week now, I figure its about time to do a couple of things.

1. I have read all of the threads on changing the the spark plugs, mine seems over due, guaranteed the are original plugs. So I bought some E 3's. Read a lot of reviews and that seems the best way to go. Talked to a guy with a Hemi ram, and he swears by them.

2. Oil change, nothing big M1 5w20, with a M1 filter. However, I keep getting different answers on the filter number. AZ says M-210, Murrays says M-204. Anyone know for sure. I know on my dads ram it says PH2 or PH16, but only the PH2 fits. And I no longer use FRAM.

3. Really excited to put my intake on. Was going to wait, but to change the plugs, I will have to take off the air box, so might as well.

Ill put some pics and some numbers up, any quick tips for me?
Your question was split into the following threads:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8552&highlight=plugs

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1941&highlight=filter

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10368&highlight=AEM

·
Registered
378 Posts
I guess we'll see. All I can say is that you've already discouraged me from posting by moving one of my posts and lumping it in with every other MDS post when I was the only person actually doing something with the MDS, and was going to do a writeup, instead of just chatting about MDS like everyone else was.

Seeing the way you jump down everyone else's throats doesn't encourage me either.

Thanks for the response.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.