Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the link or site to the E & G grill with out the "Limited" logo on it, just want the plain grill.All I can seem to find is the limited one,
Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just got one from globaldodge off of ebay. It comes with both a limited emblem and a classic emblem. You don't have to install either if you don't want to. They come in the box but you don't have to install them.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called E&G awhile ago about it, and they said if you dont install the emblems, there will be holes where theres pose to be an emblem on the grill, is that true?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The grill completely replaces the factory grill.

E & G told me there were two holes in the grill where you install the emblem. That is not the case on the one I received. The directions tell you to line it up between two openings in the mesh, then you put a large black flat nylon washer about 1/8 of an inch thick on so that it stays secure inside the mesh, then you put a lock washer on, and tighten a nut on the backside. I'm not saying they are all this way but that is how the E&G grill I bought from globaldodge off of ebay came. The emblem itself is made of polished stainless it looks like and the classic or limited decal sticks over the emblem. I don't even plan on installing the emblem or decal on mine.

Hope this helps. I'm putting mine on tonight when I get it back from the dealer. Had to take it in for a few service issues at 252 miles :( .

·
Registered
396 Posts
Post some pics Master.

I think it will look nice without any emblems...

·
Registered
29 Posts
There should be plenty of daylight tomorrow for me to grab some pictures of the commander with the grill on. I put it on a few hours ago and it looks great. You can't even tell there is supposed to be an emblem on the grill.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is one of the best pictures of the grill I have seen, and thats the one you bought off ebay?
Im definetly getting one, thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah its the E&G and I bought it through Global Dodge off of ebay. One dealer told me there were holes if you didn't put the limited emblem on but I haven't found them yet if they are there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That looks good! With that black border it frames the headlights nicely! Classy looking - not too blingy. I also have a black limited. The style grille you have is what I want. Thanks for posting the pics. My wish-list has just expanded $$$$$$$

·
Registered
65 Posts
MasteroftheCommander said:
Yeah its the E&G and I bought it through Global Dodge off of ebay. One dealer told me there were holes if you didn't put the limited emblem on but I haven't found them yet if they are there.
I called E&G and they stated there are holes in the grill for mounting the "limited badge. With the holes there you have to mount it.. I called Performance Dodge today, of which GlobalDodge is a subsidiary under their umbrella. They said their grills don't have the "holes" in them and the "limited" emblem is applied with adhesive. So you don't have to mount the "limited" emblem (which I would not).

MasteroftheCommander, did you paint the surround black on your grill? I love the way yours looks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
E & G tells you there are holes but I can't find them. The directions say to align the emblem in the center. It is a brush metal plaque with two screw welded to the back. The directions have two large black nylon washers that you put on the backside in one of the mesh holes and then you put a locking nut behind it. I left mine off altogether. There are no visible holes I can find. The plaque comes with two decals. One says "Limited" and the other says "Classic" and you can choose to use either one. I personally choose not to use either as you can see.

The grill shell on the outside is actually chromed. I think its the shadow that makes it look black. There was a tree with a shadow by where I was parked at work and I had my camera out and had promised to take some pics so I just grabbed them where it was sitting. I had the standard commander with leather etc. and not the limited and I thought the E&G was a huge step up over the base black grill.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts