Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Easter Egg ... rear cargo light.

Easter Egg ... rear cargo light.

My wife just found out you can PUSH the rear cargo light to turn it on ... we knew the side lights operated in this fasion .. but never tried the roof dome light in the back before.

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts
I think we already have a thread like this.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Yeah, mine stayed on once when we got home and it freaked me out. I didn't let anyone get out until we figured it out. My 4 year old said " I turned it on , duh ." I didn't know you could push it and turn it on either.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
My six-year old is the one who figured that one out for us... leave it to the kids to push things that don't usually push!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Yeah, mine stayed on once when we got home and it freaked me out. I didn't let anyone get out until we figured it out. My 4 year old said " I turned it on , duh ." I didn't know you could push it and turn it on either.

LOL! .. that's how we found out too ... the ligjht was staying on and my wife was worried the battery would run down etc. .. no worries there as the XK's copmputer shuts it off to preserve batery lifer.

But it was our neice who pushed it on when she was riding in the back seat ... only difference is she's not 4 years old though she's 34 :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just found this tonight. On the inside of the front seats there is a lever that controls lumbar support. I hadnt seen it before.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Just found this tonight. On the inside of the front seats there is a lever that controls lumbar support. I hadn't seen it before.
It's a nice feature ... last week my back was killing me .... so I put the A/C on max (as it was really warm out)... put the lumbar support on full and then cranked up the seat heater :)

... that fixed it up ... Jeep payments are less that chiropractor bills ... and I'd rather be driving anyway :)

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I discovered a couple of weeks ago that there is a mist feature for the wipers. If you don't have enough water on the windshield to keep the wipers on, you push down on the wiper control and it will do one swipe of the blades.

Here's another thing with the wipers.

If you hold the windshield sprayer for more than 15 seconds it will shut itself off until you release and spray again. My guess is so you cant burn out the motor if you run out of washer fluid.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have one...in my 2008 Commander, on the rear left side next to the 3rd row seats is a cup holder....it pops out fairly easily and can be used for "hidden" storage.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I found out last weekend on my way east to Indiana that the sun visors telescope out to block more towards the rearview mirror.

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Another Easter Egg

Do you have Google Earth?
There is an Easter Egg of a flight simulator built in.
Hit ctrl alt a and the flight simulator opens.
Does not work with MAC...I am told

MAC-
Press Ctrl + Alt + A (
+ Option + A on the Mac)

Flight Simulator

1 - 20 of 50 Posts