Jeep Commander Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Locking beep

UK commander. Lock the car and the lights flash. Wait a couple of seconds and then do a double click on the lock button on the key and the lights flash again and there is a beep. No idea if it changes anything on the alarm but can be useful if you want folk to definitely know the car is alarmed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not sure if it's really a "easter egg" but I ran into something this last weekend that caused me a little panic, a undocumented "feature" I'm guessing built into uConnect...

Driving down the highway, talking/playing with the kids in the back, daughter was starting to act up so I said "Don't make me use the ejection seats!". She laughed and called me on it so I said "Ok, you asked for it!" and pressed the voice command button (my phone was paired at the time as well).

I said, "Commander, fire the rear passenger ejection seat!", looked back for the reaction on her face (wasn't disappointed) and then waited for the regular voice recognition error reply but instead what I heard back was a unexpected "Dialing 911"...

Not, "would you want to dial 911?", there was no "are you sure?" but "Dialing 911"...

I tried to disconnect, buttons did nothing, tried to hang up my cell, but because of the lovely features of my phone (and apparently uconnect) which when 911 is dialed you can't just hang up, the phone basically locks hanging up for 5 minutes and won't accept incomming calls other than from 911 for 10 minutes, so I couldn't hang up and was shortly thereafter greeted by the voice of the 911 operator... I explained what happened, appologized (while sweating a little) she laughed and that was that.

I then spent the next 10 minutes looking sheepishly over at my GF & kids who were just killing themselves laughing...

Tl;Dr: Don't joke around with the Commander and uConnect with certain "trigger" words, it has no sense of funny haha.... and no, I'm not going to try to figure out what other trigger words there are lol...

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Wow..... what an unexpected experience !

I'll be a little extra careful now myself.. thanks for sharing !

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Something Similiar, I added the Mopar Uconnect Bluetooth kit to the factory radio, the Mopar Bluetooth Uconnect kit will read out your text messages on your phone to you, using a female computer voice. So a few non words or new words that people put into text messages will come across pronounced in a totally surpsing way.

A dumb sitcom my sone and I like, the characters use the term "Duh-hoy", pronounced like the words "Duh" and "Ahoy" merged together.

I used that word in a text "Duh-hoy" and the Mopar Uconnect Bluetooth read it out in a female computer voice, pronounced as "Dumb Whore".

So running joke, anyone driving the commander always got a text from another family member saying something like "You Duh-hoy" and guess what it sounded like as it was read out. :p

·
Registered
180 Posts
A nice little feature I noticed the other day: when you shift into neutral as for a drive through carwash, the automatic wipers turn off completely until you put it in drive or park. I always had to remember to turn them off in the WJ or else I'd get funny looks from the attendants.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wouldn't really call this an Easter egg (since everyone knows about it) but I love how you can open the back windshield without opening the gate very helpful when you think stuff will fall out if you open the gate.

·
Administrator
15,357 Posts

·
Administrator
6,472 Posts
I figured this out about a month ago.. I have had my Jeep since 2011 🤦🏼‍♀️ 🤣
@InsertEyeRollHere; Welcome to the forum; Please take the time to post an introduction in the new member section as outlined in the New Member Required Reading below; Thank you & welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Folding mirrors/tilting mirrors

To fit my jeep in the "garage" (more like a big closet) of the house we just moved into I have to fold the mirrors. When I backed out, I was wondering if the tilting mirror feature would engage and if so, would the mirror tilting mechanism be damaged. Happily, the answer is: no. The tilt on reverse is disabled while the mirrors are folded in.

You have tilting mirrors?

·
Administrator
6,472 Posts
You have tilting mirrors?
@Rozalynnf ;

Welcome to the forum; @JeepJorge has not been active on the forum in a couple of years;

Please read the New Member Required Reading below and complete your user profile as directed, in order to comply with the forum rules;

Please take the time to post an introduction to the forum in the New Member Section shown below;

Thanks & welcome aboard.

·
Administrator
15,357 Posts
41 - 56 of 56 Posts