Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tossing around the idea of a cheap, small lift for my 06 Limited. I'm thinking around 2-2.5" and from what I've seen around the internet quite a few of the kits seem extremely complicated to install. As it removing ball joints and the sort. Does anyone know of an easy-to-install lift in my range? Something a so-it-yourselfer could do in his garage?

Thanks!

·
Registered
389 Posts
The RC/RR lifts are pretty simple... depending on what you think simple is. I had my buddies help me out. Took a couple hours, and it's really just pulling parts out and putting them right back in the way they were. As long as you have the tools, it's not very hard. I'd recommend a helping hand though.

And depending on where you live, the bolt that holds the strut in at the bottom may be extremely difficult to remove as it could have rusted tight. The safety head on the bolt also prevents you from turning it to break free. Most people have had success with some lube, hammer, and determination... didn't work for me though. Had to use a spring compressor for one of the struts, take off the upper control arms, and swing it out from the top to put the spacer on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts