Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed the stopping power on the Commander wasn’t up to par. The factory pad and rotors I’ve replaced actually looked like they had 80% life left. Vehicle has 48k miles on it. This was surprising. I didn't notice any glazing.

So, I just installed EBC USR slotted rotors and Greenstuff pads (7000 series front ; 6000 series rear) on the XK. Fitment was excellent and they looked like quality parts. I’m still breaking them in and will report back after bedding in the pads.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Nice. Some day I will upgrade to EBC. But I want the slotted and drilled

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks for sharring, this is on my next to do list.

Keep us updated.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have drilled rotors and the 2 times a year I do a trail, usually muddy, I always get a pebble stuck in it. I hear the slotted rotors aren't as bad for it.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Yeah that my only worry about drill and slotted rotors and wheeling. I play in the mud a lot so that wouldn't be cool

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I highly recommend staying away from drilled rotors for wheeling. The most I would do is slotted which will help prevent crap from bedding into the pads by providing an escape/channel.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Yeah I hear you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Whatever you do, don't getting hem off eBay though. Buddy of mine got his rotor split in half. Don't even ask I couldn't believe it until I saw it too. But you get what you pay for. Remember that. You don't want any cheap brakes either, just make sure it's not some china bull****, I always say U.S, or Canada made parts when dealing with brakes/rotors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts