• I don't want to go but I do want to vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With as much fun as the last trip was I cannot wait to get back out there and wheel so here goes. There are two weekends in August I would be able to head up the creek for some wheeling. It is between the weekend of 21,22,23 and 28,29,30. I think the weekend of the 28th, 29th, 30th would work best for me so that will get my vote. Vote if you want to join in and we will see how many will be attending as we get closer to the date. I know that the VA Camp Commander is earlier in the month so it will be a little to much for those attending both but it would be nice to get some people out to have fun. Any questions or anything, post it up and I will do my best.

Rausch Creek August 28, 29, 30 -CANCELED

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Im going to have to sit out on this one unfortunately. I have a lot of maintenance that needs to be done to the XK and money is really tight at the moment!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry you cannot go, let me know if anything changes. If anyone else is interested in going on the next trip but you are still worried about damage or anything. I am more than happy to be a trail guide when we go out and spot for the rest of the group. As long as my buddy Tom goes, he is a great trail guide and spotter and is happy to do it. We had a Blazer on the trail with us last trip and did very well (when he listened to the spotter).

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Sorry you cannot go, let me know if anything changes. If anyone else is interested in going on the next trip but you are still worried about damage or anything. I am more than happy to be a trail guide when we go out and spot for the rest of the group. As long as my buddy Tom goes, he is a great trail guide and spotter and is happy to do it. We had a Blazer on the trail with us last trip and did very well (when he listened to the spotter).
This past trip was the 4th time the commander has been to Rausch Creek and I really haven't had any major trail damage to report. We even hit up some black trails this past trip and I attempted a red hillclimb.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I will have to ask the beauty...but I will have to check the money sit. and get back to you..it was def. a blast...

·
Registered
401 Posts
This past trip was the 4th time the commander has been to Rausch Creek and I really haven't had any major trail damage to report. We even hit up some black trails this past trip and I attempted a red hillclimb.
Wow that's a jinx if I ever heard one! Remind me not to follow you next time... :grim:

Unfortunately I won't be able to go in august (or September) but hopeully another trip in the fall will be on the calendar.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm thinking the 1st weekend for me. It will be shload of driving though. Of course, this also depends on me not taking any damage in Virginia. Here's my driving schedule.

8/14 Drive from Michigan to Virginia
8/16 Drive from Virginia to Michigan
8/17 Drive from Michigan to Louisville, KY(work)
8/21 Drive from Louisville to Rausch Creek
8/23 Drive from Rausch Creek to Michigan

Sounds like fun!!!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Wow that's a jinx if I ever heard one! Remind me not to follow you next time... :grim:

Unfortunately I won't be able to go in august (or September) but hopeully another trip in the fall will be on the calendar.
Well there has been minor trail damage but nothing big. I have broke off a few plastic rivets, lost the plastic front skid plate during the first trip which has since been replaced with the Mopar skid, lost my passenger side plastic rocker guard during out trip in April. Other then that just a few scratches here and there.

I'm thinking the 1st weekend for me. It will be shload of driving though. Of course, this also depends on me not taking any damage in Virginia. Here's my driving schedule.
I highly doubt that your commander will sustain any trail damage during the VA trip to GWNF. They terrain there really isnt that hardcore like it is at Rausch Creek.

·
Registered
269 Posts

8/14 Drive from Michigan to Virginia
8/16 Drive from Virginia to Michigan
8/17 Drive from Michigan to Louisville, KY(work)
8/21 Drive from Louisville to Rausch Creek
8/23 Drive from Rausch Creek to Michigan
Okay, I'm not going to Louisville for work that weekend so I would like to change my vote for the 2nd weekend. 28th, 29th, 30th

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, I'm not going to Louisville for work that weekend so I would like to change my vote for the 2nd weekend. 28th, 29th, 30th
It is looking like that will be the weekend. I have to check in on the WF to see when they are wanting to go.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Im not gonna be able to goin you...busy schedule and moving month...but def. another trip...I cant be missin ALL the fun.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No worries, There will always be a next time for Rausch Creek.

·
Registered
422 Posts
you got that right...

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The date of the trip will be AUG 28,29,30. I will keep post 1 updated.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone else??? It is getting closer to the time of the trip and so far I think it is just me. Chaos, are you going?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Gosh I wish I could go, moved in and ready...just wish I had the cash...maybe next time

My buddy says there is some sort of event up there this weekend and asked if I was going...I think hes itchin to go riding.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Decided that I am going to cancel on this trip. Lack of interest and I have been very busy lately so I doubt I can get the CJ back together in time.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Decided that I am going to cancel on this trip. Lack of interest and I have been very busy lately so I doubt I can get the CJ back together in time.
I think a lot of the guys mentioned that they wanted to go sometime in October.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think a lot of the guys mentioned that they wanted to go sometime in October.
I am sure you know, but there are big plans for October. I will get together the details and post a new thread about that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts