• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I am still in hibernation I didn't want to propose anything too near in the future. I also want to give a chance to others to be able to come out and join us for some fun. So......I am thinking that sometime in March we can try to get a group up to RC again. Open to any suggestions for a date but it will most likely be a weekend (Friday night, Sat, Sun). There is camping on site with some port-a-potty access. There are some hotels around if that is your thing. I would like to get as many people as possible to join in so I will leave the date open but you can vote on the weekend(s) that you can be available on the poll. If you have any questions about RC or what to expect you can check out the RC website http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/. You can also search the forum for our previous trip. The park is large and at our last meet there the park was crowded by their standard but you could not even notice once you were out of the parking lot. There is plenty of entertainment off the trails as well with rock crawling to watch or take part and even some racing. Looking forward to the trip and seeing a lot of forum members there.

MEMBERS PLANNING TO ATTEND:

wranglerforum members (6)
*adamag25
*mrs. adamag25 (+1) CJ7
*07JeepXK(+1)

*=member(s) will be camping Friday March 27th

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Count me in. I'm good for anytime in March!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I don't know when I will be available, but I would like to go.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I'd like to go, but I'll have to check with the Boss (wife) first.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Adamag25, you should make a list on your fist post of members that plan on attending! I really dont need a concrete date since I can go anytime in March.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will add that in later when we have a solid date so people can say they are or are not planning to attend for sure.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Definitley not the first weekend, wife's birthday!!! Don't you think that March will still be too cold?

·
Registered
23 Posts
This sounds awesome. One question, however - I have a Trail Rated Commander Sport with Quadra Track II, but no off road equipment (tow hooks, skid plates, etc.); do they have trails that are easy enough for my current Commander configuration?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
This sounds awesome. One question, however - I have a Trail Rated Commander Sport with Quadra Track II, but no off road equipment (tow hooks, skid plates, etc.); do they have trails that are easy enough for my current Commander configuration?

Thanks,
The park is mostly covered with Green (easy) trails. Most of the time it is very light off-roading there are more challenging parts but there are alternate trails and go around paths that you can take to avoid issue. If you check the RC maps you can see the number of green trails through the park. Take note of the area marked as "South Property" and "West Property" because that will likely be the area we will be in. Our first trip we did not get to do much wheeling in this area so we will this time. There will be plenty of time to cover the other half of the park as well.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Tremont, PA 17981
408 mi – about 6 hours 46 mins

I plan the be there...as long as it is later in the month.

Adam-your pics are not working..........

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

Thanks,
You should have no problems with a stock Commander. However I would defiantely recommend purchasing some skid plates for the underneith due to the amout of rocks at Rausch Creek. Last time we went I had just the BDS lift with stock tires and I was dragging on everything. Nothing was damaged, just a few scratcheds underneith. Also you probablly should get either tow hooks or some sort of rear hook incase you did get stuck.

Please dont let this scare you away. We had a lot of members drop of the list last time thinking that if they went they would ruin their vehicle and sustain major trail damage. This was not the case and I speak from experience since I went on the last trip. The only damage that was sustained was a blown tire and a plastic skid plate being ripped off which has already been replaced by a MOPAR Skid Plate.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I am interested in going, although since I am also planning on going to the Jamboree in the Pine Barrens, I will have a hard time taking two weekends away from the wifey to spend with all of you. I am about a 90-minute drive so I will probably join just for the day and not camp over. Any weekend in March is good for me.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haags, glad to hear you will be joining us at RC and also look forward to seeing you at the Jamboree this year. We will try to work out the meeting time and all those details when the date gets closer but there will be plenty of time to ride on the trails even if its only for a day. So far it looks like the last weekend will be the best for everyone but I want to wait and let more members have the chance to vote.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Great - I'm looking forward to it!!!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Just an FYI, UFWDA.org is having their annual "Wheel-in" in Va. the second weekend (March 12, 13, and 14th) You all might prefer that event.
I think I'd rather still go to Rausch Creek. Where abouts in VA is it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think I'd rather still go to Rausch Creek. Where abouts in VA is it?
No worries, just giving you guys an option. It's at Oak Ridge Estates, where they usually host the Camp Jeep, as well as a Jamboree location. Private property that only opens up a few times for certain groups. Personally, I go to Rausch Creek once a month or so with my JK. Just wanted to give everyone another option.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I'd love to do both but unfortunately I think the wife would be a little upset if I went on both trips. Especially since ill be moving back to NY next month and wont be as close to VA as I am now.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the info usgaone, maybe you should post a new thread for those who cannot make the RC trip and can go to that one. It is looking like the RC trip will be the weekend of 27,28,29 that has the most votes so far. The weather will probably be warmest at that point. For those who cannot make the trip in March, fear not! There is always the next month and the one after and the one after that.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.