Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to see if anybody else here has bought and used any of the TBS (Throttle Body Spacers) from the company called Econoaid? After waiting for 4+ days for a response from the question left for Airaid I started doing another search on my own to find a TBS that applied to a 2008-2010 4.7 L. application. I finally found this, for an almost unreal price and wanted to get input from anyone reading this if you've dealt with this company and/or used any of their products. Please rsvp to me if you have.

Econoaid Jeep Commander 4.7L V8

·
Registered
417 Posts
Throttle body spacers are a waste of time and money. If you happen to have a souped up engine, it may pay a minor dividend. Otherwise, just go spend the money on an extra tank of gas.

P.S., I just looked at the website and it's not even a throttle body spacer like you'd see on a hot rod (which retail for about $100) - it just looks like one of those fuel saving scams trying to take more money from you than the gas pump already is.

·
Banned
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bobula my first instinct was to think what you just said, the price is just too low compared to TBS that I've used in the past (Mustang 5.0 L & Taurus SHO). Its even 1/3 the price of buying another Tornado (which I have in the K&N on my 4.0 L Cherokee). I have no doubt at all that TBS and Tornado technology work to gain a bit of horsepower and torque (I never felt I got any of the mileage gains that any of them claim). I guess I'll probably just wait until the Airaid people get back to me on if they are offering the TBS they make for the '08 and up 4.7 L application. Thanks for the input!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts