Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Commander Sport 3.7L 2WD
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any feedback on deleting EGR valve on 3.7L Sport? Cannot unbolt pipe coming off and running into back of throttle body intake mount. I need to pull intake manifold.

I can simply cut pipe with sawsall. Might be able to reconnect with rubber hose?

What might happen?

Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts
Any feedback on deleting EGR valve on 3.7L Sport? Cannot unbolt pipe coming off and running into back of throttle body intake mount. I need to pull intake manifold.

I can simply cut pipe with sawsall. Might be able to reconnect with rubber hose?

What might happen?

View attachment 43041
@JohnGault;

I've never heard of anybody trying to do that and I won't even pretend to know what issues that could potentially cause.

If you know anybody with a mechanics background, maybe you could run it by them and see what they think.

Aside from that, if you need to pull the intake manifold and the EGR valve is in the way and you can't get it loose, what other choice do you have?

The only change I would make to your plan of action, would be not using a rubber hose to reconnect it, but, rather having it welded back together with another section of pipe.

·
Registered
2008 Commander Sport 3.7L 2WD
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@JohnGault;

I've never heard of anybody trying to do that and I won't even pretend to know what issues that could potentially cause.

If you know anybody with a mechanics background, maybe you could run it by them and see what they think.

Aside from that, if you need to pull the intake manifold and the EGR valve is in the way and you can't get it loose, what other choice do you have?

The only change I would make to your plan of action, would be not using a rubber hose to reconnect it, but, rather having it welded back together with another section of pipe.
Thanks for the advice. That 14" 1/2" diameter pipe is $125 at Jeep dealership. I've seen kits that delete EGR with a plate but typically also includes a tune. I've read Comments stating horsepower and mog gains but won't pass emissions testing - which I don't worry about.

Once I drop the motor - yes, drop the motor to remove an intake manifold - pipe will slide out. I could also disconnect at flange but it's mushed against firewall and access is nil. Can't even begin to imagine working on a 5.8 hemi in same hole.
Cheers

·
Administrator
7,347 Posts
Thanks for the advice. That 14" 1/2" diameter pipe is $125 at Jeep dealership. I've seen kits that delete EGR with a plate but typically also includes a tune. I've read Comments stating horsepower and mog gains but won't pass emissions testing - which I don't worry about.

Once I drop the motor - yes, drop the motor to remove an intake manifold - pipe will slide out. I could also disconnect at flange but it's mushed against firewall and access is nil. Can't even begin to imagine working on a 5.8 hemi in same hole.
Cheers
Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on it John, keep us posted & let us know how it goes;

It would be good information for other users with the same problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts