Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a lot of stuff just randomly stopped working and I'm not sure where to start. My horn, windshield wipers(front and back), all windows, and my driver front blinker have stopped working. I'm going to start just plucking fuses and relays. Any ideas of where to start?

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Battery was tested fine. I'll take a look at the Junction Block. Probably just going to take it to a garage, tried plucking fuses but no luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it turned out to be a fuse for most of the issues, but now of course I have a new issue...so one of my headlights shorted out and actually burnt the wire away from the headlight itself. I have replaced the wiring harness for the headlight but now the headlight will stay on all the time as long as the battery is plugged in? So i assume it messed up one of the electrical boxes. Going to take it to a dealership to figure out if maybe it's the fuse box or maybe the BCM. I really have no idea haha

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
So it turned out to be a fuse for most of the issues, but now of course I have a new issue...so one of my headlights shorted out and actually burnt the wire away from the headlight itself. I have replaced the wiring harness for the headlight but now the headlight will stay on all the time as long as the battery is plugged in? So i assume it messed up one of the electrical boxes. Going to take it to a dealership to figure out if maybe it's the fuse box or maybe the BCM. I really have no idea haha
My guess would be a burnt up relay of some sort that is probably shorted closed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts