Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a few minor/major electronic imperfections since January and they are more of a nusience than anything really. One is that the passenger auto up/down window has some defect that it goes about halfway up, then decides that it doesn't like to do that so it'll go back down. This really aggitates my girlfriend who had just spent an hour doing her hair, and now when we're going down the freeway, she gets blasted with a bunch of unwanted air. UGH!...

The second has been discussed in a thread before. This is the annoying selt belt notification DING! Really... I don't need my seatbelt on when I am driving through the parking lot of my apartment to go get the mail. Seriously! It says in the manual that this feature can be deactivated by clicking the belt a few times.. blah blah blah... in any case, it doesn't work... I took the Commander into the dealer to get this and the above worked on, and they didn't believe me. I said, "It's in the manual!" "No it isn't!" is what they said. "Besa mis nalgas" (Kiss my butt) is what i say to that. Eventually they told me that they had to order the parts for the above two problems, and since I usually have limited time and do not like driving Dodge Neons as a rental car, I have not been able to take the Commander back in to the dealer to get this fixed.

The third is that occassionally my AC is whistling at me and the light on the switch goes on and off. This makes me nervous because here in Phoenix we're about to hit 100 this week. No AC is not acceptable.

The final one that I know of now is that my auto-clicker for my keys have been acting up. Of course, this only happens when my girlfriend is driving. I told her that you have to treat the baby right to get it to work the way you want it to.... she didn't seem to like that response. :D

I gotta get my digicam out and take a picture of some wierd plastic pieces I have found in my cargo area that I have no idea what they are. They look something that would cover a port or like the outlets in the third row, I am not sure. Once I get the picture up, I bet someone will know. UNTIL THEN!...

·
Registered
88 Posts
you can disable the seatbelt ding ding ding.. i just did it on mine 5 minutes ago. read the manual on how to turn it off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's the thing... i read the manual and it didn't work, so when i took it to the dealer to get them to do it, they didn't believe me that it SHOULD work.

STEPS
put seatbelt on
turn on engine and wait until the light for seat belt goes off
release belt
clip belt
release belt
clip belt
release belt
clip belt

SHOULD hear a DING and it'll be disengaged.

That's where it all falls apart, or I am doing it wrong. HELP!

·
Registered
88 Posts
try this

1. put seatbelt on
2. turn key to on
3. wait for the seatbelt light to go away
4. clip/realease as many times as you can within 10 seconds
5. turn key to off and you should hear a ding.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright. I think I tried this and it didn't work. So it goes to the ON position and not actually turn the engine on?

And where do I end? With clipped, or unclipped?

Should this really be that difficult?

Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I must seriously be handicapped. Good god. Someone needs to do this for me, then they can slap me. Any takers?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yesterday my passenger side front window started doing the same thing. Dang, I was hoping this Jeep would not have electric gremlins like an old Grand Wagoneer that I had in the eighties. Only 2400 miles so far.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Get the patience and read instructions carefully. After about a half a dozen tries I turned the stupid dinger off. Instruction are good but, somehow it cannot be possibly done the first time. Take it easy and slow.

·
Registered
32 Posts
lol, alright well its not just you.... this stupid freaking thing.... who has two hours to spend turning off this seat belt dinger.
so far these are the steps I have take....
1) Read Manual
2) Attempt, Fail
3) Come inside, Read Forums
4) Return to vehicle
5) Attempt for 15min... Fail
6) go back inside, Read forums
7) Return to vehicle
8) Attempt for 30min.... fail
9) back inside, read forums
10) Return to vehical... and fail again
11) Repeat previous step at least three more time.... and FAIL again!
12) Give up.... listen to stupid dingy thing
13) Return another day,
14) Repeat all previous steps..... FAIL a freaking gain!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Slap me to please... and pleas slap me instead of giving me this stupid "you should wear you seat belt" lecture I know this... this forum is about how to disable it, not why you should wear it, so please, not to be mean, but don't waste my time.

·
Registered
527 Posts
djp223 said:
lol, alright well its not just you.... this stupid freaking thing.... who has two hours to spend turning off this seat belt dinger.
so far these are the steps I have take....
1) Read Manual
2) Attempt, Fail
3) Come inside, Read Forums
4) Return to vehicle
5) Attempt for 15min... Fail
6) go back inside, Read forums
7) Return to vehicle
8) Attempt for 30min.... fail
9) back inside, read forums
10) Return to vehical... and fail again
11) Repeat previous step at least three more time.... and FAIL again!
12) Give up.... listen to stupid dingy thing
13) Return another day,
14) Repeat all previous steps..... FAIL a freaking gain!
Add a couple beers.................... :D

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
You should know that it will still chime when you first get in/start the car. It just disables it ringing and ringing and ringing all day long.

·
Registered
166 Posts
There is a place in the manual that tells you how to reset the window also. It was on another thread in this forum and I looked it up, but I can't remember what it was listed under in the manual.

·
Registered
184 Posts
deertrailacres said:
There is a place in the manual that tells you how to reset the window also. It was on another thread in this forum and I looked it up, but I can't remember what it was listed under in the manual.
Is this to fix the "express up" issue in where the window stops half way up? I thought only the dealer could fix that (something to do with the window tracks needing replaced...) I will have to double check my manual again.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
You continue to the button up or down for 10 seconds after window opens or closes to reset it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Creek said:
You continue to the button up or down for 10 seconds after window opens or closes to reset it.
Thanks, I will try that this morning. I hope it fixes mine...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts