Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLease help!!! The dealership said this problem (Electronic shift module) is not covered in my Extended Certified Warranty. When the Contract Specifically states "transmission and all internal parts covered". I also recently viewed recall info stating that this "Electronic shift module" is affected. I bought this as A pre owned vehicle with 21,500 miles. Has anyone had this problem or have experience in dealing with this? The repairs will cost me 900 dollars. meaning I will not eat for 2 weeks. PLEASE HELP!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
PLease help!!! The dealership said this problem (Electronic shift module) is not covered in my Extended Certified Warranty. When the Contract Specifically states "transmission and all internal parts covered". I also recently viewed recall info stating that this "Electronic shift module" is affected. I bought this as A pre owned vehicle with 21,500 miles. Has anyone had this problem or have experience in dealing with this? The repairs will cost me 900 dollars. meaning I will not eat for 2 weeks. PLEASE HELP!!!!
Could it possibly be because the module isnt in the transmission and thats why its not covered? I have the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty so im not to familiar with your Extended Certified Warranty.

·
Registered
480 Posts
What exactly is the problem you are having? Your mileage should be under the factory 3/36 warranty so I must assume your vehicle is more than three years old if they will not cover it. If their is a recall then your vin should be listed as having it done or not
Check here and type in your vin # under the "about my vehicle" section.
http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/

A little more info on your problem and the forum might be able to send you in the right direction.

·
Registered
480 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts