Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Don't know if I posted in the right place, so feel free to move the thread if necessary. I was wondering if anyone has replaced the plastic engine cover for their 3.7L or 4.7L (I know the Hemi guys have a bigger plastic cover)? Not sure what the official name for the part is, but it says either "3.7L V6" or "4.7L V8" on it and the intake attaches to the left side of it. Was looking to replace it with something that is a bit cleaner looking, maybe with a chrome "Jeep" logo on it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
People have painted the engine covers before but I have not heard of a replacement on the forum.

I think PhunkeyDude painted his.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
That is part of the intake. It is some kind of noise reduction box. The only way to replace it is to get a new piece of tubing that would connect from the throttle body (directly under the box) and connect to the flex tube coming off the air filter box. You can easily remove the box and replace it with something else but if I remember correctly the air flow sensor connected into this part.

·
Super Moderator
15,105 Posts
People have painted the engine covers before but I have not heard of a replacement on the forum.

I think PhunkeyDude painted his.
They painted the HEMI cover but not the other engine covers. The HEMI engine cover is different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts