Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess the engine compartment is considered "Interior" vs Exterior.
My question is have any of you dressed up your engine compartment? specifically the 5.7 HEMI but other engines could give me ideas. I may be crazy but I like a good looking engine. I have searched for dress up kits but they can demand big bucks. Things like hose covers, valve covers and engine covers for a start, painting also an option. Homemade is even better. POST PICTURES

·
Super Moderator
5,783 Posts
I guess the engine compartment is considered "Interior" vs Exterior.
My question is have any of you dressed up your engine compartment? specifically the 5.7 HEMI but other engines could give me ideas. I may be crazy but I like a good looking engine. I have searched for dress up kits but they can demand big bucks. Things like hose covers, valve covers and engine covers for a start, painting also an option. Homemade is even better. POST PICTURES
I clean my engine & engine compartment (as much of it as I can reach) about once a month, a neat / clean engine compartment looks awesome. I even replaced the factory sticker on the fan shroud that was falling off.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Big B nice to keep it clean, which i do also. but I am looking for chrome, covers for wires and such. Searching the internet I find kits to do it, but very pricy for what you get. You can get plastic spiral wire covers in any color and chrome to wrap around wires and hoses for good prices. I would just like to see if others have done this already on a Commander. Picture of another car for the idea attached. Maybe I'll be the first:smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
What I've seen done a lot on Hemis is painted engine covers. You can search around for Chargers and Challengers with dressed up engine bays to get an idea of what things might look like.

·
Super Moderator
5,783 Posts
Thanks Big B nice to keep it clean, which i do also. but I am looking for chrome, covers for wires and such. Searching the internet I find kits to do it, but very pricy for what you get. You can get plastic spiral wire covers in any color and chrome to wrap around wires and hoses for good prices. I would just like to see if others have done this already on a Commander. Picture of another car for the idea attached. Maybe I'll be the first:smile2:
I definitely think you'd be the first on this forum to do it - There are probably a lot more "dress-up" options available for the Hemi than the 4.7L.

If there are other members here that have done it, I haven't seen them post any pics.

·
Registered
371 Posts
As far as I know, only the early hemis with the plug wires have chrome valves covers available. You could obtain a spare set from Ebay etc. and have them powder coated chrome. Moroso and Taylor make nice affordable separators in a variety of colors and diameters. MSD makes nice bright red coil packs but they are big bucks. The AEM cold air not only looks good but is very good quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts