Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 JEEP COMMANDER

Background info:
So last night I was off-roading with some of my friends, we found some awesome trails in an abandoned subdivision. There was a large body of water which at this point I can only call a pool at this point having been waist deep to put the chains on to pull my jeep out. There was water high enough we all climbed out the windows as to not let water rush in. It spend the night in the pool and we believe the block cracked not absolutely sure its getting checked out now but worst case I have to replace it.

Question
I had a 4.7 V8 in it and since I could hypothetically have to replace the engine I was thinking just dropping the 5.7 HEMI, I mean why not. If I wanted to would this be possible without swapping the trans, im only assuming that they may be the same??

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
It's defiantely possible to swap in a 5.7 liter.

·
Registered
696 Posts
If you are putting a new engine in there why dont you go with something bigger then the 5.7? If i had the opportunity or needed too I would. www.burnsvilleoffroad.com Conversions mostly for wranglers but I am sure something can be done with XK too. 5.7's all the way up to 7.2 with 636 horses. Also have superchargers for 5.7's on up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have semi limited funds and its still "my moms" I guess, but she would let me do the 5.7. Also I think it would be the cheapest swap since now I want to lift it a bit too.

·
Registered
696 Posts
It was just an idea... and I know a lot of guys are familiar with what AEV does and I wanted to throw another name out there that does excellent work. Sorry I cant answer your transmission question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts