Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the Commander from my dad who babied it it's entire life. I'm finding conflicting information about where the temps should be. It also takes longer than I would expect it to warm up. Currently the needle is between the half way mark, top center, and the quarter mark on the left of the needle. Torque app is showing it at 200F which seems a touch low. I am used to most of the vehicles I have driven and currently drive having the needle dead in the middle of the gauge. Wondering if the thermostat might be stuck open.

What are you guys seeing as normal conditions?

·
Super Moderator
5,830 Posts
Just bought the Commander from my dad who babied it it's entire life. I'm finding conflicting information about where the temps should be. It also takes longer than I would expect it to warm up. Currently the needle is between the half way mark, top center, and the quarter mark on the left of the needle. Torque app is showing it at 200F which seems a touch low. I am used to most of the vehicles I have driven and currently drive having the needle dead in the middle of the gauge. Wondering if the thermostat might be stuck open.

What are you guys seeing as normal conditions?
At running temperature, typically my temperature gauge sits at about the half way mark, or slightly under.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts